Monday, January 7, 2013

Owl and the Cat - Sewing Projects

(Note: This is the newest of four posts today which cover the Christmas season of craft)
For my baby nephew for Christmas I sewed this owl toy inspired by the design in the book 'Simple Softies', however I made changes such as the use of cotton fabrics instead of felt (except the wings remained felt for functional purposes)



Also from the same book, I redesigned these simple cat toys which I modified to become Christmas decorations. I made a black one for my sister who has a black cat Satie, and a more colourful one which is closer to the design in the book. I never follow the instructions in the design books for some reason, but rather create something based on the pictures with little reference to certain steps of the instructions.
The faces are hand-embroidered and the bodies sewn together on my sewing machine. I also slip-stitched the ribbons and stuff to the pink cat. I disemboweled an unused cushion to use for stuffing.



-AlbusOwner

1 comment: