Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Leaf Stitching

That's right! Two posts in two days!! So today I started and completed a second square, or rather rectangle, and decided to share it with you.

So this one is my subtle 'square,' so I used muted tones. This picture doesn't pick up the colouring as well as it does in real life... sadface.


Since I do textiles now, and I learn awesome technical stuff, I can say that the yellow/green thread appears brighter than the others, as it is made out of nylon, with has shiny properties, as apposed to rayon thread. Or maybe it was the other way around... o_o


CLOSE UPS!



I must admit that I really don't like this square. I was so excited about doing this, especially with the freehand machine stitching....... but I rushed it so much, cause I was feeling frustrated as the backing fabric that I was using kept doing weird stuff... ah well, perseverence!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this square - the swirly parts have a very 'Catherine' feel :)

    ReplyDelete