Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weasley Jumper Ornaments!


 


This brings back memories from a long time ago when I made these Christmas decorations for a number of my family members! Back then I'd never even heard of double-pointed needles and so I made up my own pattern just by looking at the pictures!

Luckily this time I had some more skill up my sleeves and I was able to follow the pattern fairly accurately.

The design was taken from Charmed Knits by Alison Hansel - a book all about Harry Potter knitting projects! Highly recommended for all true nerds.

I know it's not even nearly Christmas time, but I made these for some fellow-nerds for their birthdays in-between exams and watching the Olympic opening ceremony :)

It seems insane that I have any time at the moment to be doing anything creative. Then again, my major textiles project is due in, like, two weeks.......

Let's not dwell on these things!!
 
-Albusowner

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the need to do something creative and entirely 'other' when experiencing high pressure exams. Remember those felt nativity set people I made with you? That was during my HSC...

    Good to see you using those double pointed needles!! Although your original efforts were pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete