Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Preportions...

Well, I have been working on making a doll - and it was going SO well until I realised the arms were too skinny, so at the last minute I changed my pattern for how I was making them and... well... it's not very well preportioned anymore >.<

It's kind of embarassing :( I was doing so well!!!! they're too long or something... just not shaped enough to look right compared to the rest of the body.
And since taking this photo I've started on the top half of a dress, and it's a MESS!!! I'll post photos when it's done... :(

It was a lot of fun making though!! I absolutely love hand-sewing stuff, I don't know why...

Anyway, I need suggestions - how should I do the face?? Detailed? Plain? Sewn? Drawn? I have no idea so far!! And I don't really know how I'm going to do the hair either... I'll finish the dress first.

3 comments:

  1. i think it looks awesome! so pretty...
    for hair you should use brown or yellow or black yarn or wool something? Or... pull hair out of your own head and use that :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks good so far! Rag dolls are meant to be a bit strangely proportioned after all! Are you knitting or sewing the dress? Maybe you could knit a small jumper or beanie for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't really see why you'd call a completely bare featurless doll "so pretty", but if you say so!
    I'll be sewing the dress, not knitting :)
    Oh yeah, I'm totally gonna use my own hair... >.<

    ReplyDelete