Monday, April 5, 2010

Continuation...

So - I've been continuing my doll. I thought the sleeves were horrible, but people tell me it's okay, and it's beginning to grow on me... I'm at a loss of how to do the face... and I haven't even begun to worry about the hair!! I sewed the belt soooo neatly on the back, then I rushed the front, and it's all wobbly stitching :( I wanted to properly hem the sleeves and neckline, but it was getting super tricky with the small stitches, so it ended up becoming a feature. If you click on the picture to get a bigger version you'll probably be able to see the stitches more clearly. I tried looking for blue thread for ages, but I couldn't find any so in the end I just used white. I think it worked well...

Anyway, I've been working on another surprise present for my sister's birthday, but I can't show it just yet in case she reads this before her birthday... but what do people think of this wool? I think it's quite nice.


Meanwhile, I've come back to my Aaron Finder (still need a new last name >.<) book which I started last holidays - I didn't get any time during term to write it! On reflection, the story seemed a little dull, but then I started writing some more and got fully back into it! I want to get this finished by the end of the year and sent to a publisher, hopefully. I know I've said this before, but I'd really like to do it before I leave school, I know I'll probably be rejected, but I want the satisfaction that I sent a book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment