Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gloves and WWII

I've been knitting long gloves recently, I've nearly finished one of them but here's a photo of when I started it - my first proper time of using double-pointed needles, it was sooo confusing at first!!!

But I got the hang of it - the only problem was when I wanted to switch back to normal needles and it wasn't as easy as I thought it would :S I wish I could just follow the pattern... but I can't help twigging it for my own flair, and it causes annoying problems!! For instance, the gloves are surprisingly tight, but that might've been because I ate so much over the weekend...

Yeah, so this weekend I went away to Kyck, a Katoomba youth convention where we learned about the book of Ecclesiasties and how meaningless life can be without Jesus. Fun weekend :) Bring on Kyck 2011!!

Anyway, I'm doing a personal interest project at school, and I've decided to research women's roles in WWII, and I shall be interviewing some of the older women in our church and collaborating their stuff into a book! So if anyone has any resources, such as women's weeklys from the wartime, or any wartime knitting pattersn, please let me know!! If it all works out how I want it to, I might include some war-time projects in the collaboration and even put it into a book to give/sell (havent decided yet ;)) for our church's anniversary later this year.
Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment