Friday, May 7, 2010

GLOVES!!

At last I have created myself a pair of long gloves!! Sadly, they do not have the triforce imprinted on them so I could look like Princess Zelda, but maybe next time!

I did make two, but one hand was busy taking the photo, so you can only see one in the picture :3 The pattern was based on one by http://sweaterscapes.com/glove-pattern.htm but I altered it to make fingerless gloves.


They came out far too tight though - I guessed the amount of stitches because I was using different needle sizes to those suggested. They still fit, but are a little tricky getting on and off!!

This was my first project using double-pointed needles (see my last post) so that was a challenge! I feel quite confident using them now, after making such long gloves!! Can't wait to wear them tonight when I meet up with my family :)

1 comment:

  1. I can testify that these look absolutely wonderful in real life too! Well done! They'll be quite fun to wear when it gets a bit colder.
    It didn't click with me that you made them with dpns - well done, you mastered those very quickly!!

    ReplyDelete