Sunday, September 13, 2009

Swan Lake and Woven Story

A company has come to Australia and is performing the ballet Swan Lake only three times - costs way too much, but wouldn't that just be awesome too see! *sigh*...

A great anime series, Princess Tutu, is based on Swan Lake. I never realised till I was watching it for the second time and I realised the characters and themes and songs were straight from this ballet. I did ballet when I was 5, and only wish I had continued...

Anyway, yesterday I thought back to those crazy three months last year when I sat down and wrote my whole Tales of Doria trilogy. I remembered it was a time when I had a laptop alone in my room, and there was no internet connection. So, trying to copy these methods, I got my dad's laptop and plugged it in my room, and then found myself typing for about 6 hours!! All in all, I typed over 9000 words yesterday in a story I started a while ago called the Woven Story, and wrote about 3 times as much as I had already done.

I am happy I have finally worked out my best working methods. Now I should be able to write heaps more when I need to!

1 comment:

  1. See...the internet can be a big distraction! Perhaps it is taking away our creativity...

    ReplyDelete